Friday, December 21, 2018

Dec 12 = Luke 12

Not a single sparrow is forgotten by God - and we are far more valuable to Him. God provides to the birds, will he not do the same for us?
The most important thing in this chapter that I need to hear daily and feel like I have a good number of friends that need to hear it too: "Who by worrying can add a single hour to their life?"
Our worries don't change the situation it just eats us up. I'd venture to say in some cases it also keeps God at arm's length and tells Him "no, no - I've got this" at which point you can guarantee with our free will that He will allow us to flail as we've chosen. I can almost imagine God saying "really? ok. I'm waiting... let me know when you're ready" as He stands patiently like the good father that he is - waiting with a hand ready to extend and catch us as we fall.
My heart always warms for the passages in the bible that speak about sparrows. I pay attention the birds in the trees out back and flying about as I drive. They're beautiful to me and they should serve as reminders of our value to God and the freedom He provides if we only accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment