Sunday, December 30, 2018

Dec 23 = Luke 23

You notice Pilate didn't want anything to do with what went down.  He didn't find cause and was probably excited to hand him off to Herod, and wash his hands of any guilt.

I can imagine his exasperation when Jesus was sent back to him, again found not guilty, but the crowds kept calling for action.  Have politics changed since then?  Nope. I am pretty sure the left or the right (whichever side you are not on - I am trying to keep my own politics out of this message) would have demanded for crucifixion still today.

Note that Jesus' presence brought peace between the two (Herod and Pilate).  I don't believe this was something to be read lightly in this chapter, although it reads like an aside.  THIS however does not seem to happen today - bringing opposing politics together.  All the more reason we need to pray for the guidance of our elected officials - whether you like them or not, especially if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment