Friday, December 21, 2018

Dec 7 = Luke 7

A lot of people question if there is a God based on the argument that their prayers don't always get answered. Why wasn't my loved one healed? Why do bad things happen to good people? etc.
Death is the cost of life. We all must face it some day. We're often not ready for our own passing, nor do we mentally comprehend it. We're certainly never ready to say good bye to those with whom we share love.
I think it is the smugness with which we ask "why" that answers the question. In this chapter Jesus performs miracles for those who don't count themselves even worthy enough to ask for His touch. Those who were giving their all, those who recognize the great debt they were in.
In my personal life I enjoy giving of myself to someone when it is unexpected and met with thanks. I admit, I am not as gracious of a giver when I feel like something is expected of me, it steals the joy. In all things - have a grateful heart.
His love and forgiveness is given freely. Accept this with that grateful heart. Be in awe of His mercy and goodness. Know that you are and always will be unworthy, but He did it anyway - gladly - for _you_.

No comments:

Post a Comment