Friday, December 21, 2018

Dec 16 = Luke 16

If someone you loved and trusted that has already left this earth was granted a day to returned to you tomorrow in order to tell you all about heaven and hell how do you suppose it would change how you live your life? Would you be a different person?
In this chapter we hear of a rich man who begged in Hades to send someone to tell his brothers to prevent their doom. The response was simply that they should listen to Moses and the prophets and that if that isn't enough to convince them even someone rising from the dead would not.
I have to liken this to my own idiocy. I know being overweight isn't healthy and it leads to other things, but here I still am. I've known some people who get diagnosed with things that put the proverbial "fear of God" in them and it does change their eating habits or behaviors, but for the most part it doesn't. We all know what smoking cigarettes can do to you and yet look around.
I'll ask you my first questions again: has the first hand account of heaven and hell offered to us changed your life or who you are? Why not take His word on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment