Friday, December 21, 2018

Dec 6 = Luke 6

There is so much good guidance in here. But probably the most relevant to me is reminder that to be forgiven we must forgive. We have all been hurt by someone in our lives. That hurt can change who you are forever. The hardest thing in the world is to forgive someone who severely wronged you. You sure don't feel like forgiving them and sometimes you almost WANT to stay angry. But we also know that doing so is like drinking rat poison and hoping the other person dies.
What do we do? What does Jesus tell us to do? He tells us to forgive? But how? For me, the best I could do was during my daily prayers to say out loud I forgave those that severely hurt me. For quite a while it was through gritted teeth and my eyes may have actually been rolling while I said it. I sure didn't mean it. Slowly, it evolved. Today I do. I forgive them. It doesn't take away all of the hurt, it doesn't change what happened, and most importantly it doesn't make what happened "right" or "okay".
Who do you need to start working on forgiving? Please start the process today friends. I want your transgressions to also be forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment