Friday, December 21, 2018

Dec 21 = Luke 21

As a child I remember reading pamphlets that told of signs of the end times, they referenced Padre Pio, I believe they were things he relayed that reflect some of this chapter. Goodness how they scared me.
Earthquakes. Famine. Pestilence (disease/epidemics). Signs from heaven in the sky. But scariest of all - persecution. This chapter even tells us that people will faint from terror.
The faithful should be confident and fearless, right? As we read here we are to stand up and lift our heads because our redemption is drawing near. I'm not fearless at the thought, I admit my trepidation. This makes me worry about my faith.
If Peter was so foolish as to deny Christ three times having stood beside Him and knowing Him personally, How would I not question my own fortitude at the thought of persecution? Fear is not from God, so I know where these thoughts are coming from.
We must pray for strength, courage, and wisdom in all things. I know that God will prepare us.

No comments:

Post a Comment